|Buying Your School Textbooks for 2015?
Please note that as many publishers have closed for the year and will only open again next year, orders placed now may only be delivered after the 12th of January 2015.
As we hold limited amounts of stock, your order may be affected.
Browse by Category
- Art, Music and Photography
- Agriculture and Farming
- Architecture, Landscaping & Interior Design
- Business and Management
- Children's Educational Books
- Cookbooks and Beverages
- Cultural Studies
- Earth Sciences, Geography & The Environment
- Education (Schools, Higher Education, Study & Teaching Skills)
- Energy Technology
- Engineering and Veterinary Science
- Environment (Ecology, Conservation, Recycling & Sustainability
- Family and Health (Parenting, Safety, Fitness, Home Nursing)
- Finance & Accounting
- Geography (Maps, Human-Physical-Regional)
- Hobbies, Games, Magic, Quizzes
- Home Maintenance Tips and DIY
- Humanities (Religion, Mythology, Philosophy, Psychology, History & Archaeology)
- Industries (Cinema, Radio & TV, Music, Press, Publishing, IT, Advertising)
- Languages, Linguistics & Literature
- Library and Information Science
- Life Sciences (Taxonomy, Bio-ethics, Ecology, Evolution, Genetics & Neuroscience)
- Mathematics and Science
- Media and Communication Studies
- Military Science
- Mind, Body & Spirit (Astrology, Feng Shui, Alternative Therapies)
- Natural History & Pets (Zoos, Farms, Trees, Fungi, Rocks & Minerals)
- Reference Works (Encyclopedias, Library Resources)
- Research Methods
- Sociology & Social Issues
- Sport and Outdoor Recreation
- Travel & Holiday Guides + Language Phrasebooks
Availability: We do not keep this title in stock but this product can be ordered for you
Delivery Time: Please allow at least 7 working days for this product to reach us from the publisher before we despatch it to you
Please note that both the price and the stock availability listed above are subject to change without prior notice from the publisher. Any delays or changes will be confirmed with you before we process your order.
Shows that, although women have indeed come a very long way over the years, the notion of our 'having it all' has disguised the persistent discrimination and exploitation that continues to exist for women in the basic areas of health, sex, politics, economics and marketing.
ISBN-13: 9780552774345 (ISBN-10: 0552774340)
No of Pages: 464pp
Publisher: Transworld Publishers Ltd
Publication Date: 01 Feb 2007
Country of publication: United Kingdom
Dewey Code: 305.42
Dr Germaine Greer's books include The Female Eunuch, The Obstacle Race, Sex and Destiny, The Madwoman's Underclothes, Daddy, We Hardly Knew You, The Change and Slip-shod Sibyls. She is currently Professor of English and Comparative Literary Studies at Warwick University.
"'Into the pale politeness of post-feminism, Greer has thrown a polemical bomb... Greer's acid anger comes as a surprising reminder of what the point of a feminist book was meant to be. It is funny, unforgiving, unapologetic, unappeasing.' - Decca Aitkenhead, Guardian 'Don't underestimate this book. Its power, like that of The Female Eunuch, lies in the virtuosity and wit of its questions. Its capacity will force us to stop and think.' - Lisa Jardine, Observer 'Three cheers for Greer... She makes every other feminist writer look like pallid fast food, devoid of vitamins and roughage.' - Lesley Garner, Evening Standard 'This is a serious book which it is impossible to be neutral about.' - Gemma Hussey, Irish Independent"