|Buying Your School Textbooks for 2015?
Please note that as many publishers have closed for the year and will only open again next year, orders placed now may only be delivered after the 12th of January 2015.
As we hold limited amounts of stock, your order may be affected.
Browse by Category
- Art, Music and Photography
- Agriculture and Farming
- Architecture, Landscaping & Interior Design
- Business and Management
- Children's Educational Books
- Cookbooks and Beverages
- Cultural Studies
- Earth Sciences, Geography & The Environment
- Education (Schools, Higher Education, Study & Teaching Skills)
- Energy Technology
- Engineering and Veterinary Science
- Environment (Ecology, Conservation, Recycling & Sustainability
- Family and Health (Parenting, Safety, Fitness, Home Nursing)
- Finance & Accounting
- Geography (Maps, Human-Physical-Regional)
- Hobbies, Games, Magic, Quizzes
- Home Maintenance Tips and DIY
- Humanities (Religion, Mythology, Philosophy, Psychology, History & Archaeology)
- Industries (Cinema, Radio & TV, Music, Press, Publishing, IT, Advertising)
- Languages, Linguistics & Literature
- Library and Information Science
- Life Sciences (Taxonomy, Bio-ethics, Ecology, Evolution, Genetics & Neuroscience)
- Mathematics and Science
- Media and Communication Studies
- Military Science
- Mind, Body & Spirit (Astrology, Feng Shui, Alternative Therapies)
- Natural History & Pets (Zoos, Farms, Trees, Fungi, Rocks & Minerals)
- Reference Works (Encyclopedias, Library Resources)
- Research Methods
- Sociology & Social Issues
- Sport and Outdoor Recreation
- Travel & Holiday Guides + Language Phrasebooks
Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet
Availability: We do not keep this title in stock but this product can be ordered for you
Delivery Time: Please allow at least 7 working days for this product to reach us from the publisher before we despatch it to you
Please note that both the price and the stock availability listed above are subject to change without prior notice from the publisher. Any delays or changes will be confirmed with you before we process your order.
In The Kind Diet, actress, activist, and committed conservationist Alicia Silverstone shares the insights that encouraged her to swear off meat and dairy forever, and outlines the spectacular benefits of adopting a plant-based diet, from effortless weight loss to clear skin, off-the-chart energy, and smooth digestion. She explains how meat, fish, milk, and cheese—the very foods we’ve been taught to regard as the cornerstone of good nutrition—are actually the culprits behind escalating rates of disease and the cause of dire, potentially permanent damage to our ecology.
Yet going meat- and dairy-free doesn’t mean suffering deprivation; to the contrary, The Kind Diet introduces irresistibly delicious food that satisfies on every level—it even includes amazing desserts to keep the most stubborn sweet tooth happy. Alicia also addresses the nutritional concerns faced by many who are new to a plant-based diet, and shows how to cover every nutritional base, from protein to calcium and beyond.
Alicia knows that changing life-long dietary habits is a process, and that each person progresses at a different pace. For that reason, The Kind Diet encompasses 3 separate levels, from Flirting to Superhero. Flirts learn to dip a toe into the vegan pool, reducing their meat-eating and swapping out a few key foods for plant-based substitutes to see quickly how even small changes can reap big results. Vegans get to experience the life-altering effects of forgoing animal-products entirely, while still enjoying many convenience foods and meat substitutes in addition to the wonderful grains, vegetables and fruits that form the core of that diet. True enlightenment comes with the Superhero program, based on the principles of macrobiotics and built on a foundation of whole grains, vegetables, and other yummy foods that Alicia describes in detail.
Whether your goal is to drop a few pounds, boost your energy and metabolism, or simply save the world, Alicia provides the encouragement, the information, and the tools you need to make the transition to a plant-based diet deliciously empowering.
Number Of Pages: 320
Dimensions (cm): 23.3 x 19.3 x 2.7
Weight (kg): 0.764
ISBN-13: 9781609611354 (ISBN-10: 1609611357)
No of Pages: 320pp
Publisher: Rodale Incorporated
Publication Date: 05 Apr 2011
Country of publication: United States
Dewey Code: 641.5636